Battery Technology and
Research with TESCAN
Pioneering Successes in Battery Development
“At Dragonfly Energy, our goal is to deliver a more sustainable and cost-effective Li-ion battery, and these metrics are fundamentally defined by dynamic nanoscale interactions occurring inside the cell. TESCAN’s electron microscopy and micro-CT solutions provide valuable, correlative insights into the behavior of these complex systems which enable the development of our innovative cell chemistries.”
Dr. Denis Phares, CEO at Dragonfly Energy
TESCAN Solutions for Battery Development
TESCAN AMBER X Plasma FIB-SEM
Achieve unmatched insights into your battery components, driving performance improvements and innovation.
- Enhance battery performance with electrode and separator characterization.
- Promote innovation through chemical analysis of battery components.
- Use 3D tomography and chemical analysis for detailed battery insights.
TESCAN CLARA UHR SEM
Boost failure analysis and your understanding of component morphology at the nanoscale with TESCAN CLARA UHR SEM.
- Boost quality assurance through battery material evaluation.
- Detect impurities affecting battery properties.
- Use SEM, EDS, and Raman spectroscopy for structural analysis.
TESCAN UniTOM micro-CT
Perform non-destructive, multiscale lithium-ion battery characterization with TESCAN UniTOM micro-CT, ensuring thorough materials quality control.
- Improve Quality Assurance in midstream/downstream battery operations.
- Use multiscale 3D analysis for insights into battery materials.
- Detect electrode issues and contaminations.
Use TESCAN TIMA to enhance yield of Li, Co, and Ni from ore or recycled materials, promoting efficient and cost effective raw materials delivery.
- Increase yield of Li, Co, and Ni in mining operations.
- Gain textural insights from thermo-mechanically processed black mass.
- Extract elemental information from spent lithium-ion batteries.
Want a virtual demo?
Our global team is available to answer questions about TESCAN, and solutions for batteries or other topics.